When people hear “root canal”, they assume it’s a painful and scary procedure, however, treatment methods have drastically evolved over the years, so there really isn’t a need to be fearful.
The Positive Side of Root Canals:
- During the procedure, the area will of course be frozen. You can also have the option of sedation if you are extra squeamish.
- After treatment, patients will experience relief because there will no longer be pain from infected dental pulp.
- You will still have your tooth because root canal therapy saves it.
- If you maintain your teeth well at home as well as keep up with professional dental visits, most root canal treatments will last a lifetime. You wouldn’t have to worry about the pain coming back.
- Your root canal may be able to be done in a day.
How Do I Know If You May Need Root Canal Therapy?
If you have any of these symptoms, you should see your dentist as soon as possible:
- Ongoing sensitivity to hot and cold
- Sharp pain around the tooth
- Tooth discoloration
- Constant throbbing pain
- Swollen gum tissues & lymph nodes
Questions about root canals in Abbotsford? Call us at Townline Dental today: 604-744-1513.